Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Midterms & Homecoming Weekend

I can't believe that the semester is just about halfway over! Recently I have been super busy studying for my midterms, which mostly are this week. After I am done with my exams, I will hopefully be posting more often. Of course, it had to be homecoming weekend when I had to study the most.

Friday night I went to the homecoming parade which was along Grand River. Many of the student groups on campus and sports teams had floats and walked in the parade. Well, not all of them walked. The rodeo team rode theirs horses, many of which were painted with some green paint and spirited designs. Also, many of the sports teams were pulled by tractors. I really liked that Student Alumni Foundation's float that is pictured below. Sparty for President!



Friday night was also Midnight Madness. I had never heard of Midnight Madness before Friday afternoon, so I had to ask some upperclassmen what it was all about. Basically people come to watch the first basketball practice of the year at midnight and celebrate the official beginning of the basketball season. Admission is free and open to the public. The doors to the Breslin Center opened at 9:30 PM when activities such as autographs from coaches and players started. I decided to stop by for a few minutes towards the beginning to check it out. After walking around for about 30 minutes, I left because I needed to study for exams, but I really wish that I stayed! Apparently Tom Izzo entered wearing a full Iron Man suit, which would have been a sight to see!



Even though Saturday was the homecoming football game, I am glad that I did not go because the weather was awful. I decided to cheer on my team from the inside of my dry dorm room rather than cold and soaking wet in the rain. Michigan State lost to Iowa 16-19 in double overtime, which was a bit disappointing. Overall, this weekend was fun, but I would have enjoyed myself more if I didn't have to study so much for my midterms.

No comments:

Post a Comment